- السبت, 06 يوليو, 2013
YFCA mandate stems from the national priorities of health in Yemen as outlined in the National Strategy for Health, National Strategy for Mainstreaming Gender in the Health Sector, National Strategy for Reproductive health and National Strategy for Women Development. Furthermore, YFCA strategic goals conform with MDG goals and the plan of action of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) as to contribute to achieving universal access to reproductive health services as effective means in combating poverty and women empowerment. Right-Based approach adopted by YFCA, links all its work to international human rights treaties ratified by Yemen such as CEDAW and CRC and in its result-based approach to development strives to meet international standards of quality in service provision.
YFCA programming is designed to achieve the following strategic goals:
- Provision of high quality reproductive health services, including quality emergency obstetric emergency care services, preventive and curative services for the family including diagnosis and treatment of infertility with special focus on underprivileged groups.
- Ensuring the availability and the provision of modern family planning methods and services and raising awareness on reproductive health and pregnancies at risk.
- Advocacy and promotion of reproductive rights of women, men and adolescents and youth and provide reliable information and quality services in addition to counseling.
- Raising awareness on population issues and demographic shifts and their implications at the national level in cooperation with the government and civil society.
- Strengthening the institutional structure of YFCA and sustaining its technical and financial resources.
- Maintain and strengthen partnership with line ministries and institutions as well as local and international non-governmental organizations.